This page tells you about what Diagram does with personal data, how we protect personal data and the rights you have under privacy legislation.
Diagram is a globally operating independent full service CRO able to support with the development, organisation and execution of clinical scientific research. Diagram was founded in 1996 in the Netherlands. In the past years, Diagram has acquired considerable expertise in supporting cardiovascular research including trials performed in the ambulance (pre-hospital phase) and e-health projects. Diagram’s quality management (NEN-EN-ISO 9001:2015 certified), strongly developed integrated e-health and information management team, data management and statistics team, project management team and international focus, makes them different from other CRO’s.
The purpose of this declaration is to provide a practical elaboration of the terms of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The declaration applies to the assimilation of personal data of Diagram.
Assimilation of personal data
To comply with legal and business obligations, Diagram collects personal data. This data will be used to facilitate clinical scientific research and to ameliorate the services. Personal data will be, in accordance with this declaration, carefully assimilated and only used for justified purposes. Data will only be assimilated by persons who are obliged by their profession and will handle the data as confidential information.
Duty to inform
The patient will be informed about the purpose of obtaining personal data before the data will be collected. If it is not possible to inform the patient on forehand due to circumstances, this will be done at the first occasion. The patient will be informed about their rights and duties by means of a personal conversation and the Informed Consent.
Clients will be informed about their data protection by means of the privacy statement of Diagram.
Personal data of patients will no longer be stored than necessary for the assimilation of the purpose for which the data has been collected. Anonymized personal data will be saved for clinical scientific research.
Diagram will store personal data of clients in order to provide their services and to maintain the relationship with their client. In accordance with legal obligations Diagram will remove personal data if desired.
Diagram has taken appropriate technical and organizational security measures to secure data of patients and clients against loss or against any form of infringing assimilation. These measures guarantee a decent security level based on the risks that the assimilation and the kind of data involves.
Patients and clients have control over their own personal data collected and assimilated by Diagram. Each person involved has the right to:
- Insight to personal data: on request those involved can gain insight to personal data or receive a digital copy of the saved data (data portability. A written request for gaining insight or receiving a copy can be send to the data protection officer
- Complement or correct personal data: data can be complemented or corrected by means of a declaration of the person involved concerning the recorded data. Data can be corrected when the assimilated data is incorrect. A written request for completion or correction can be send to the data protection officer. The data protection officer ensures that the request will be accomplished
- Elimination of personal data: a written request for elimination of personal data can be send to the data protection officer. The data protection officer ensures that the requester will receive a message whether or not the request will be complied. A refusal will be backed up. The data protection officer will eliminate the data, unless it is reasonably acceptable that storage is material investment for someone else or when it is legally required
Website and cookies
All information provided to Diagram research by visitors to our website is considered confidential, unless clearly stated otherwise, and will not be disclosed to third parties, except where required by law or by authorities.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer, mobile phone or tablet when you visit the Diagram Research website. We use two different types of cookies:
- Functional cookies: These are cookies that are necessary for the website to function. These are used, for example, when logging in to the website
- Analytical cookies: We use these cookies to keep track of visitor statistics. This gives us a better insight into the functioning of the website
Through our website, a cookie is placed from Google, as part of the “analytics” service. We use this service to keep track of and to get reports on how visitors use the website. This is completely anonymous. Google may provide this information, or process the information for third parties on behalf of Google. We have no influence on this. We have
not allowed Google to use the ‘analytics information’ for other Google services. The information that Google collects is anonymised as much as possible. The IP address is not given. The information is stored to and by Google on servers. Google claims to adhere to the Privacy Shield principles and is affiliated with the Privacy Shield program of the US Department of Commerce. This is of an appropriate level of protection for the processing of future personal data.
Social media buttons
Our website includes buttons to share web pages on LinkedIn. These buttons work by means of pieces of code that come from LinkedIn itself. Cookies can be placed by means of this code. Diagram research has no influence on that. In the privacy statement of LinkedIn (which can change regularly) you can read what they do with the (personal) data that they process via these cookies.
In case a person involved has a request for insight, completion, correction or elimination of personal data or if a person involved has the opinion that terms of this declaration are not being followed, than they can apply to:
Data Protection Officer Diagram research
Dokter Stolteweg 96
8025 AZ Zwolle
Tel: +31 (0)38-4262999